It’s just about that time of year! Time to uncover the grill and get together with family and friends for cook outs and BBQs. This easy side dish recipe for Broccoli Slaw is so good, I guarantee that if you make it for your next cook out or barbecue, you will be asked for the recipe – at least that has been my experience many times!
This recipe came from my mother. I am not sure where she found it, but if she remembers tomorrow when I see her, I will be sure to cite the source!
Recipe: Broccoli Slaw
- 1 pkg. of Broccoli Slaw (like Mann’s)
- 2 pkgs. of Ramen Noodle Soup (Chicken Flavor) broken into pieces (save seasoning packets for dressing)
- 1 bunch chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Seasoning packets from noodles
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and add to slaw: toss.
- Marinate at least 1 hour.
I like a little less sugar and use 1/4 cup.
What are your favorite cook out side dishes? I would love to hear your comments!