Do you have children with asthma? My sons James and Ryan both have asthma and take daily medications to control it. They happen to share a room also. Getting an air purifier for their room would help to filter a lot of the dust and mites that are contained in the carpet, and their bedding, and simply generate a much better air quality. Hepa air purifiers are something we should have considered years ago.
The Sharper Image has generously provided me with the Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System for this product review. The unit I received is 25 lbs., and is made of Galvanized steel. The unit measures 9 ½ x 17 x 21 inches. This air purifier has the HEPASilent technology, using electrostatic and mechanical filtration. The SurroundAir system prevents annoying drafts and has 5 air changes per hour. This unit has a 5-year limited warranty.
The unit is light-weight and has a nice design. It is ready to use, right out of the box, and I was anxious to try it out.
The first setting is the Hepasilent setting and it is truly is silent. The next two settings are not. I left the maximum setting on for that first night. The kids weren’t bothered by the fan noise, but did say they were a little chilly. (Nothing an extra blanket didn’t fix!)
A nice feature about the Blueair 203 is that it also comes with a hand-held timer that counts down the days until a new filter is required. The filter must be changed every six months.
Improved Asthma Symptoms
Just the week before using the Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System, James was waking up each night with asthma symptoms, wheezing, and needing an asthma treatment. We had been giving him albuterol treatments with his nebulizor. After running the unit that first night, he hasn’t woken up needing any medications and hasn’t since. I haven’t heard too much coughing out of Ryan either. The air actually smells clean. I know that the Blueair 203 is having a positive impact on their health.
Additional Product Features
· Energy Star Certification.
· Recyclable Filters inhibit bacterial growth.
· For use in areas up to 175 sq. feet (13’ x 13.5’).
· Removes 99.97% of all particles, dander, mold and mites.
· Certified for 5 Air Exchanges per hour.
· Features a three-stage air filtration system with Blueair’s patented HEPASilent™ filtration technology.
Additional Pros and Cons
I spent some time researching other air purifier reviews and I found some additional information on the Blueair 203.
- Efficient HEPA Silent technology.
- Uses little electricity (20 watts on low and 50 watts on high speed).
- Filter is easy to change.
- Releases no negative ozone into the air.
- The Blueair 203 is expensive at $299.99.
- The filters must be changed every six months or the warranty will be void.
- The filters (also available on the Sharper Image) are expensive at approximately $49.99 each – $100 per year.
- The no carbon filter won’t handle smoke, gases or odor well.
The Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System is available at Sharper Image stores or online at the Sharper Image for $299.99.
This giveaway is now closed! Thanks for visiting Moms Own Words. Check out the right sidebar for my current giveaways!!
Win It The Sharper Image is offering one Moms Own Words reader the Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System.
Here is how to enter –
1. Click to Like the Sharper Image on Facebook. You must click their “LIKE” button and come back and leave me a comment saying that you did it. Don’t forget to include your email address in your comment below!
Additional optional entries: Eligible after completing mandatory entry above: You can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done and be sure to include your email.
2. Visit the Sharper Image and browse their products. Next, go to the Sharper Image Facebook Wall and mention the product that you would love to have. Don’t forget to return and comment here and include your email address. (1 entry).
3. -FOR 3 EXTRA ENTRIES – Subscribe to my blog and confirm your subscription. Current subscribers are eligible too.
4. –Follow my blog on GFC (see bottom of screen to sign up) Already a follower, just leave a comment saying that you are a follower. (1 entry)
5.–Follow me on Twitter . (1 entry) Current followers are eligible too. Tweet about this giveaway by tweeting – #Win a Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System http://www.momsownwords.com/?p=5008 (Retail $299) #Giveaway Moms Own Words Blog (3/15) – and leave a link to your tweet (Can tweet once daily for 1 entry per day).
6.–Like my Moms Own Words Facebook fan page. See right sidebar also. (1 entry)
7. –Follow my blog on Networked Blogs, see bottom of screen. (1 entry)
8. -FOR 3 EXTRA ENTRIES Mention this giveaway on Facebook. Leave a link to your Facebook page. Post 3 separate comments that you’ve mentioned it.
9.–FOR 3 EXTRA ENTRIES – Grab my button (on the right sidebar) and add it to your blog and let me know where it is. Post 3 separate comments that you’ve added it.
10. –FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Write a blog post about this giveaway,by posting this on your blog – “Stop by Moms Own Words – New England mom blog, mom blogger, product reviews and blog giveaways. Enter to win the Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying System(Retail $299) 3/15. ” (Feel free to add more, just please post my link as written. )
11. -For 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Enter any other of my current giveaways. Please leave five comments and tell me which giveaway that you entered.
Giveaway ends on March 15th 11:59 PM EST. Open to US. Winners will be chosen by random.org and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Many thanks to Mandy from the Sharper Image for providing the Blueair 203 HEPASilent Air Purifying Systems.
The product(s) featured in this giveaway were provided free of cost to me by the author, the manufacturer, or representing PR agency. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.