I am not the best at meal prep, but these Weight Watchers Freestyle Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches 3 SmartPoints ea are worth every effort! This recipe is not mine. I first saw it on a YouTube video by Amanda Cypert and she found it on A Daily Dose of Pepper.So really, Amanda and Star were the first to post this excellent recipe.
I joined Weight Watchers online last week. I have to tell you, I love the new Freestyle plan. With eggs and plain non-fat Greek or plain non-fat regular yogurt being Zero Points, there are no more excuses! I can’t say oh, I went on a crazy binge because I was too hungry. Could this be the last diet I will ever go on? Time will tell.
I know I am not alone when I say I’ve tried them all – low carb, keto, and most recently vegan. While the vegan diet is healthy, I just plain ate too much food. But I will say this, I did get my cholesterol down by 40 points. That’s a good thing. Now it’s time to focus on the pounds. My first weigh in is next week. I will keep you posted.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
Yield – 10 Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 dozen Light English Muffins (Market Basket Brand)
- 1 pkge. Jones Canadian Bacon
- 10 slices Velvetta Cheese Original
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray and set aside,
- Wisk together the eggs, egg whites, broccoli, onion, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake the eggs for 20 minutes or until eggs are set and firm to the touch.
- While eggs are baking, cook the Jones Canadian Bacon for a minute or two on each side, place cooked slices on a plate.
- Once the eggs have cooked and cooled, cut into 12 slices.
- Assemble the sandwiches – Place the square of egg onto the English Muffin, followed by the Canadian bacon slice, a slice of Velvetta Cheese and top with the other half of the English Muffin.
- Wrap the sandwiches in tin-foil and place them in the English Muffin Bag and Freeze.
*I thawed my sandwich for a couple hours and then put it in the microwave for 1 minute. Delicious. My suggestion would be to take out one the night before and put it in your refrigerator. It should be thawed and ready for the microwave when you are ready to eat in the morning.
*My Market Basket has lite English Muffins that are 2 SmartPoints each. If you can’t find a brand in your local grocery store, these Thomas Light English Muffins are 3 SmartPoints ea. If you use all of my other ingredients, these breakfast sandwiches will be 4 SmartPoints ea.
*Why 10 and not 12 sandwiches? Well, because the Jones Candadian Bacon only had 10 slices in a package. Feel free to buy another package or just make two with egg and cheese only to make a nice dozen sandwiches!
To get started with the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program, check out this fantastic Weight Watchers Member Make it Happen Kit on Amazon! It includes these items:
- Calculator calculates SmartPoints values
- Journal covers a 12-week span and contains daily pages to track meals and fitness as well as blank pages and question prompts to keep you motivated throughout your journey. Make it your own by personalizing the cover with one of the six inspirational stickers and add your initials to the back cover.
- 28 oz water bottle is leakproof, BPA free, and features motivational hash marks to encourage more water consumption.
- Cookbook contains 150 recipes based on 0 SmartPoints value foods, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Tote bag is made from laminated polypropylene and measures 14” x 14″ x 6”
Weight Watchers Essentials Freestyle Cookbook
On WW Freestyle, you’ll have more flexibility and freedom since you’ll only need to track foods that count toward your SmartPoints Budget such as grains, fats, desserts, and alcohol. The Weight Watchers Essentials Freestyle Cookbook may be purchased separately on Amazon.
Weight Watchers Recipes
I have other delicious Weight Watchers Recipes on my blog and I will be working on converting the PointsPlus to SmartPoints.
- Korean Grilled Chicken Breast 3 SmartPoints ea.
- Crock Pot Baked Bean Soup
- Cheese Beef and Noodle Casserole
- Pizza Margherita
- Black Bean Brownies
Weight Watchers Cookbook Reviews
Over the years I’ve reviewed some excellent Weight Watchers cookbooks:
- Weight Watchers What to Cook Now
- Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
- Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
- Weight Watchers Ultimate Chicken Cookbook
Products from Amazon.com
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.