When I was following a low carb diet (or trying to) things like banana bread were out of the question. Now that I am following a low fat vegan diet, well, comfort foods like banana bread are “on-plan”and I am still losing weight. A woman that I met recently asked me if I miss meat. The answer is no! I am not craving animal products. In fact, I am such an all or nothing person, that it is helpful to me to keep all animal products completely off the menu.
I found this recipe for whole wheat banana breat on plantbasededu.org. I shouldn’t call it “fat free” because there is a trace amount of fat in the whole wheat flour. Let’s just say there is no added fat, and despite that, this vegan banana bread is moist, sweet and delicious. There is no need for cheating with homemade banana breads like this one!
Whole Wheat Vegan Banana Bread Fat Free
1 1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas (about 3 large, 4 medium)
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour (or other whole grain, or gluten free)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 F/177 C.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a large size bowl and mix together.
3. Combine dry ingredients into a medium size bowl and whisk together.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. If you want to add some walnuts gently fold them in now.
5. Pour batter into a non stick silicone loaf pan or a lightly oil spritzed metal loaf pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the top.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then turn remove from loaf pan onto a cookie rack to cool completely before slicing.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.