Yes Mom, this is another low carb recipe! (Inside joke.)
This no tortilla Chicken Enchilada Bake recipe is pretty versatile. It will serve 8 – 10, easily. It freezes well for a quick meal during a busy week night. For those that would like to stick to low carb, just put this on top of a salad or veggie of choice like zucchini noodles. For those who don’t care about the extra carbs, enjoy this with tortilla chips, roll some up in a soft flour tortilla, or have it on top of some rice, like Grant does. See? Now everyone is happy! Well, that is if you like Mexican fare. (Sorry, Mom.)
No Tortilla Chicken Enchilada Bake Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cooked and shredded
- 4 large bell peppers (your choice of color), diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cups Enchilada sauce (see recipe below) or you can used canned
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Saute pepper and onions in some olive oil for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the bottom of casserole dish with shredded chicken.
- Top with the peppers and onions.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Top with cheese and green onion.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 TBSP chili powder
- 4 tsp coriander
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 oz. tomato sauce (I used Rao’s Marinara Sauce which is very low carb.)
- 1/2 cup water
- Saute onion in oil until slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and spices.
- Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce and water; bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Both recipes adapted from Starving Kitten.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.