When following a low carb plan, you may feel left out when your family is enjoying store-bought cakes and cookies or digging into a bowl of ice cream. With a recipe like this for chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes, you won’t feel left out. In fact, you will feel superior to those eating processed sugar-laden junk-food.
Who knows? Your kids may actually like these low carb cupcakes. My boys did! They had no idea there was a secret ingredient in these – zucchini. It is well hidden, so even the pickiest of eater will never know. It bakes into the moistest cupcake ever. So go ahead and have your (cup)cake and eat it too! Get in some veggies and marvel at how delicious these are. Now, do you see any zucchini in there? 😉
Low Carb Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup NuNaturals unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup NuNaturals Erythritol
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups zucchini shredded (I used a box grater.)
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
In large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
Mix in eggs, coconut oil, Erythritol, and vanilla until well combined.
Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
Insert cupcake liners into cupcake pan. I used a six cup jumbo cupcake pan and made 2 batches. Makes 12 Jumbo cupcakes or 24 standard cupcakes.
Bake on center rack at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack. Once cool, frost with cream cheese frosting if desired. Store frosted cupcakes in the refrigerator. I froze the plain cupcakes and kept the frosting in the refrigerator and enjoyed one a day.
Cream cheese Frosting
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup NuNaturals Erythritol powdered (I use a coffee grinder.)
- Add cream cheese and Erythritol to a mixer and blend until creamy.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and whip until fluffy.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.