I tend to post a lot of low carb, keto recipes because that is what I eat. I still have to make food that my kids will eat too. I have to admit this, but rare is the occasion when we all eat the same thing! Sometimes I discover a recipe for a “normal” family-favorite like this quick and easy pizza crust and it is definitely worth sharing!
My plan was to pull a bag of frozen pizza dough from the freezer. After rifling around for it, I realized that I had already used the last ball of dough. My second thought is to make my own, but then I realized that most recipes require about an hour for the dough to rise. But as we all know, the Internet always provides an alternative recipe!
This is a great pizza dough recipe when you don’t have time to wait for the dough to rise. This quick crust only requires 5 minutes to rest before rolling it out. It bakes up into a soft, fluffy, breadstick-like crust that was a big hit with my kids! I baked it on a preheated pizza stone.
Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Place pizza stone on the lower rack in your oven and preheat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.
- Transfer crust to a baker’s peel dusted with flour or cornmeal. Spread with pizza sauce and desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.