I tend to post a lot of low carb, keto recipes because that is what I eat. I still have to make food that my kids will eat too. I have to admit this, but rare is the occasion when we all eat the same thing! Sometimes I discover a recipe for a “normal” family-favorite like this quick and easy pizza crust and it is definitely worth sharing!
My plan was to pull a bag of frozen pizza dough from the freezer. After rifling around for it, I realized that I had already used the last ball of dough. My second thought is to make my own, but then I realized that most recipes require about an hour for the dough to rise. But as we all know, the Internet always provides an alternative recipe!
This is a great pizza dough recipe when you don’t have time to wait for the dough to rise. This quick crust only requires 5 minutes to rest before rolling it out. It bakes up into a soft, fluffy, breadstick-like crust that was a big hit with my kids! I baked it on a preheated pizza stone.
Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Place pizza stone on the lower rack in your oven and preheat to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.
- Transfer crust to a baker’s peel dusted with flour or cornmeal. Spread with pizza sauce and desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.