I try lots of recipes that I usually find online. Some of them, just once. Others like this one, I’ve made a couple of times now. I’d have to say that beef stew is one of my favorite slow cooker meals. This one is delicious. Everything is better with bacon and yes, the bacon flavor is a highlight here. The original recipe calls for a 12 oz. package. I use only 4 slices and find that to be plenty. It keeps the calories lower, while still delivering that delicious bacon flavor. This is the perfect, filling low carb meal with just 4 net carbs per each 1 cup serving.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Yield 10 servings
Serving size – 1 Cup
- 2 lbs. Stew Beef
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 12 oz. Package Bacon – Cooked Crisp and Crumbled (I think this is too much. I use about four slices and I find it is plenty.)
- 14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes – Juice Drained
- 4 oz. Mixed Bell Peppers – Chopped
- 4 oz. Mushrooms – Quartered (I used a 4 oz. can)
- 2 Ribs Celery – Chopped
- 1 Large Carrot – Chopped
- 1 Small Onion – Chopped
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 2 Tbs. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Heat slow cooker on low setting.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear the beef in olive oil, browning on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add all other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
Per Serving – 1 Cup Calories 235 | Fat 15 g | Protein 22g | Carbs 5g | Fiber 1g | Net Carbs 4g
Nutritional information is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional info. can vary between brands.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.