These Psyllium Husk Wraps are so easy to make and great to have on hand. I find that gluten free wraps in the stores usually have lots of carbs and very little fiber. The nutritional info. on these is pretty impressive too – 6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and only 1 net carb per 80 calorie wrap.
Psyllium Husk Wraps
- 7 Tbsp. Coconut Flour (just less than 1/2 cup)
- 7 Tbsp. Psyllium Husk (just less than 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/3 cup Egg Substitute like Egg Beaters or Better Than Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- cooking spray
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl. The mixture will be very thick (like a dough) as a result of the coconut flour and the psyllium husk.
- Use 1/4 cup to scoop out a portion of the mixture and place in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and mix well. This will make a nice pancake batter like consistency.
- Heat a small skillet on medium to low heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour in batter and cook for about 2 -3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the process. This makes 7 wraps.
Nutritional Info. for one wrap – Calories 80, Carbs 4 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 3 grams, Sugar – 1 gram **1 Net Carb per wrap.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.