Craisins are cranberries dried with added sugar and oil. I tried to find sugar free craisins, but I couldn’t find them. Ocean Spray makes a reduced sugar version, but not a sugar-free one. Ocean Spray, some of us would like a sugar-free option! In the meantime, here is an easy recipe for DIY craisins aka sugar-free dried cranberries. You don’t need a dehydrator, but you do need some time. These slowly dry out in the oven for about 3 hours!
Easy DIY Craisins Sugar-Free Dried Cranberries
Yield – 1 cup
Serving Size – 2 Tbsp.
- 1 12 oz. package of cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Sweetner of choice. I used Truvia.
- 2 Tbsps. of a neutral oil. I used light olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Wash cranberries and pat dry using paper towels.
- Cut cranberries into halves and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add sweetener and oil and stir well to coat.
- Place cranberries on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Turn oven to 300 and cook for 15 more minutes until cranberries look completely dried like craisins.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving has 5.1 grams of carbs and 2.2 grams of fiber. Total net carbs – 2.9 grams.
These are wonderful on a salad with grilled chicken and Gorgonzola (or Feta) cheese.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.