Craisins are cranberries dried with added sugar and oil. I tried to find sugar free craisins, but I couldn’t find them. Ocean Spray makes a reduced sugar version, but not a sugar-free one. Ocean Spray, some of us would like a sugar-free option! In the meantime, here is an easy recipe for DIY craisins aka sugar-free dried cranberries. You don’t need a dehydrator, but you do need some time. These slowly dry out in the oven for about 3 hours!
Easy DIY Craisins Sugar-Free Dried Cranberries
Yield – 1 cup
Serving Size – 2 Tbsp.
- 1 12 oz. package of cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Sweetner of choice. I used Truvia.
- 2 Tbsps. of a neutral oil. I used light olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Wash cranberries and pat dry using paper towels.
- Cut cranberries into halves and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add sweetener and oil and stir well to coat.
- Place cranberries on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Turn oven to 300 and cook for 15 more minutes until cranberries look completely dried like craisins.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving has 5.1 grams of carbs and 2.2 grams of fiber. Total net carbs – 2.9 grams.
These are wonderful on a salad with grilled chicken and Gorgonzola (or Feta) cheese.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.