I discovered this recipe for low carb zucchini bread muffins on the Atkins website and absolutely love these. In fact, I made a double batch and brought them on vacation with me so I could stick to my plan.
I’ve omitted a few spices from the original recipe. It is low carb and sugar-free. Each muffin has 175 calories and only 2.5 grams of net carbs. It is chock full of healthy fats because they are made with ground flax seed. Funny thing is, I am not a huge fan of the taste of flax seed, but (to me!) there is no flax seed taste at all. These are moist, delicious and filling – perfectly paired with butter or cream cheese.
Low Carb Zucchini Bread Muffins
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 6 each muffins
- 2 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 tbsps Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 oz Zucchini
- 1 cup Organic 100% Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 oz Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup Eryithritol (Sugar Substitute)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Grease 6 wells of a standard non-stick muffin tin.
- Combine the eggs, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Using a whisk beat until frothy about 1 minute.
- Shred the zucchini, add it to the bowl mixing to combine.
- Add the flax meal, protein powder, granular sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix with a spoon to combine. Bake for 25 minutes until slightly puffed, golden and cooked through.
These muffins are suitable for Phase 1 of the Atkins Diet.
Nutritional Info. – 175 calories – 12.8 grams fat – 6 grams of fiber – 9.3 grams of protein 8.5 carbs – 2.5 net carbs ea.
*I added 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to this recipe and wow! Delicious! This adds 0 carbs and about 33 calories to each muffin.
Do you have a favorite zucchini bread or muffin recipe?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.