I discovered this recipe for low carb zucchini bread muffins on the Atkins website and absolutely love these. In fact, I made a double batch and brought them on vacation with me so I could stick to my plan.
I’ve omitted a few spices from the original recipe. It is low carb and sugar-free. Each muffin has 175 calories and only 2.5 grams of net carbs. It is chock full of healthy fats because they are made with ground flax seed. Funny thing is, I am not a huge fan of the taste of flax seed, but (to me!) there is no flax seed taste at all. These are moist, delicious and filling – perfectly paired with butter or cream cheese.
Low Carb Zucchini Bread Muffins
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 6 each muffins
- 2 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 tbsps Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 oz Zucchini
- 1 cup Organic 100% Whole Ground Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 oz Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup Eryithritol (Sugar Substitute)
- 1 1/2 tsps Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Grease 6 wells of a standard non-stick muffin tin.
- Combine the eggs, oil and vanilla in a small bowl. Using a whisk beat until frothy about 1 minute.
- Shred the zucchini, add it to the bowl mixing to combine.
- Add the flax meal, protein powder, granular sugar substitute, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix with a spoon to combine. Bake for 25 minutes until slightly puffed, golden and cooked through.
These muffins are suitable for Phase 1 of the Atkins Diet.
Nutritional Info. – 175 calories – 12.8 grams fat – 6 grams of fiber – 9.3 grams of protein 8.5 carbs – 2.5 net carbs ea.
*I added 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to this recipe and wow! Delicious! This adds 0 carbs and about 33 calories to each muffin.
Do you have a favorite zucchini bread or muffin recipe?
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.