The following is a Guest Post by Skin Care Expert Alana Mitchell
I absolutely love Spring! The weather typically hovers in the “just perfect” zone, the sky starts to look more vibrant and blue, and of course the Spring skin care and makeup trends (natural beauty + a pop of color if you wish) are all fabulous and enjoyable. As the weather continues to change and we make our way towards summer, it is important to consider anti-aging skincare, that is the skin care practices we need to be more diligent about when it comes to our skin! I want to share some of my favorite tips with you!
- First, as always, is SPF protection. If you’ve ever connected with me, either in person or on my blog, you know that I am a huge advocate of sun protection. And not just in the Spring and Summer, but year round. In addition to putting you at risk for skin cancer, UVA and UVB rays can actually cause you to age faster. Yes, as wonderful as the sun might feel on your skin, without the proper protection, you could be looking at a much older-looking version of yourself, sooner. So, my first tip: find an SPF that you LOVE and wear it each and every day! One of my favorites (which Kristi and I happen to be giving away here) is Image Skincare’s Prevention+ Daily Ultimate Protection Moisturizer SPF 50. This amazing formula moisturizes, protects, and delivers plant stem cells and other antioxidants to your skin for beautiful results (in addition to sun protection). You can reapply this product throughout the day if you are not wearing face makeup. If you are rocking some makeup on your face, I highly recommend reaching for a powdered SPF brush (this Eminence pick ROCKS), as they are ultra-portable, very easy to apply, and will not disturb your makeup look.
- Don’t be afraid to exfoliate. Again, I am always stressing this, year-round. But with the natural beauty trend always taking center stage in the Spring, it becomes even more essential because you want your skin to give off a natural glow, right? One of my favorite ways to exfoliate is with a product that is gentle enough for daily use. It is so, so important to note that not every product is going to fall into this category, so be sure to read the directions! If a product indicates one day a week, stick to one day a week. If daily exfoliation is a priority for you, look for formulas specifically designed for everyday use, and start slow (every other day, working your way up to daily use). This will help to slough away dead skin cells and keep your skin looking beautiful and radiant. An added bonus? Exfoliation helps your follow-up products to absorb better!
- Do some Spring cleaning and transition your skincare. Unless you are living in an area where the weather seldom changes, odds are your skin is going to do a little transition as the weather changes. One of the most common complaints I hear about come Spring/Summer is that my clients’ winter products are now starting to feel a little too heavy on their skin. This is totally normal, however, and just another fabulous reason to get out there and try some new products for Spring! Warmer weather typically brings with it more humidity (and sweat potential) than cold weather, so you are going to want to ease up a bit on the heavy creams in favor of more lightweight options. Again, this will not be the case for everyone, but definitely something to consider if you notice your skin feeling greasier as the weather heats up.
- Swap heavy foundation for tinted SPF. Remember how I mentioned that Spring and Summer are typically all about that natural beauty trend? Well, switching out your heavy foundation for an option that provide less coverage is a wonderful way to head in that direction! For those who still want light coverage, opt for a tinted sunscreen or BB cream. For those who are comfortable with no coverage but wish to fill in fine lines and pores, I am so excited to see a surge in SPF-infused primers (which can be worn with or without makeup) hitting the market. And for those who want to rock their skin totally au-natural, reach for a good SPF in the AM and be sure to reapply throughout the day!
- Drink Plenty of H2O. If you fell off the hydration train when the weather was cold, it is time to hop back on. The warmer weather can cause us to become dehydrated more easily, which is just as bad for your outside as it is for your inside. Staying hydrated is a wonderful way to keep your skin looking supple and plump, so be sure to down your glasses each and every day. I like to infuse my water with some fruit when I am in need of a little extra motivation to get my hydration on.
- Last, but not least, don’t forget to nourish your body. As the weather heats up, it is likely that you will be embracing some more lightweight clothing options (which often means showing a little more skin). Be sure you are applying your essential anti-aging practices to your body as well, to ensure you are keeping your skin looking healthy and young. Never forget the SPF, give exfoliation a try (I love sugar scrubs in the Spring/Summer), and hydrate with a good (but not heavy) lotion.
Of course I want to know: what are some of your favorite anti-aging rituals for Spring?
Also, don’t miss Kristi’s giveaway for Image Skincare! Enter here.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.