So juicy and delicious, this grilled chicken recipe is sure to become a fast favorite. The marinade has that sweet Asian ginger flavor that I love. Each 4 oz. piece clocks in at only 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus. Even if you are not counting points, these are healthy and yummy!
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Yes, this is another one of Gina’s recipes from over at Skinny Taste. I hope she doesn’t mind that I recreate them over here at Moms Own Words. This recipe is too good not to share and I am back on Weight Watchers. Can’t you tell?
Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger (I use LiteHouse Freeze Dried Ginger)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, but recommended!)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag.
- Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick. Be careful, it is easy to puncture the bag. In fact, I did!
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade, set aside. Transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill.
- Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.