So juicy and delicious, this grilled chicken recipe is sure to become a fast favorite. The marinade has that sweet Asian ginger flavor that I love. Each 4 oz. piece clocks in at only 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus. Even if you are not counting points, these are healthy and yummy!
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Yes, this is another one of Gina’s recipes from over at Skinny Taste. I hope she doesn’t mind that I recreate them over here at Moms Own Words. This recipe is too good not to share and I am back on Weight Watchers. Can’t you tell?
Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger (I use LiteHouse Freeze Dried Ginger)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, but recommended!)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag.
- Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick. Be careful, it is easy to puncture the bag. In fact, I did!
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade, set aside. Transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill.
- Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.