My son James is at band camp this week. As a member of the marching band, it is mandatory that all members attend a one week over night band camp. It’s just like boot camp! They start their day at 6:00 am with rigorous calisthenics, and practice their march and practice their music and then put the two together. Then, they practice it all over again. It is very intense. I think their day ends around 9:00 pm with just a few breaks for meals and free time. I get tired just thinking about it.
They are having a cookout on Wednesday and the parents are providing baked goods for the kids. Ryan and I are making the Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These kids are going to be HUNGRY! They deserve something big and tasty and we know these cookies will deliver!
I found this recipe from All Recipes posted by Elizabeth. The recipe has 6,835 reviews and an average of 4.5 stars. That’s a lot of thumbs up I’d say!
This recipe makes about 18 big cookies – yes, I will be making a double batch!
Best, Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. I like them a bit thinner and crispier, so I flattened them a bit like patties. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
I’ve made these twice now for events like this. They get devoured every time. What is your go-to baked good for your kids’ events?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.