I recently did my second giveaway for a year of Netflix streaming and to enter the giveaway, I asked what you were currently watching on Netflix. I got some great answers! Lots of you are watching or want to watch Orange is the New Black (love it!), House of Cards (love it!), Game of Thrones (considering it!), Breaking Bad (loved it!). I was hoping for some suggestions of shows that I haven’t seen, and I got plenty of them too – Call the Midwife (my parents love this one!) , Jericho (new to me!), Gilmore Girls (new to me!), and Frankie and Grace(this one is on my list!) just to name a few!
I happen to be reading a great book called Broadchurch. I knew this book was based on a BBC series, but never thought to look for that series on Netflix. Then, I saw one of your comments stating that you were currently watching Broadchurch on Netflix. When I read that I was like WOW! I am currently reading Broadchurch and would LOVE to see it! I just finished the second episode and I am hooked on the show. Thank you Netflix for carrying yet another great series. I am almost finished with the book and plan to finish that before I simply just watch it all on Netflix – tempting as it is!
Detective Alex Hardy is played by David Tennant. He is an interesting, strange character – mysterious, demanding, rude and no nonsense. I love him! I can’t wait to find out more about his history and hope to see him crack and show his kinder gentler nature that he must have. Meanwhile, I come to find out that David Tennant also plays Dr. Who in season 4 of that famous show that has now been airing for over fifty years! I remember watching Dr. Who as a kid. This show is a cult phenomenon even with kids today. Ryan’s fifth grade friends all seem to be really into Dr. Who. Looks like I found something new to watch with Ryan on Netflix – Dr. Who season 4!
So you see how things can snowball? It all started with a fun little giveaway. 🙂
What Else is on Netflix?
If your kids are fans of How to Train Your Dragon, they will love this new show on Netflix. This summer, Hiccup and Toothless, from the critically acclaimed How to Train Your Dragon films are embarking on unparalleled adventures in the all-new Netflix original series Dragons: Race to the Edge.
Soaring beyond their home on the island of Berk in search of new dragons, Dragons: Race to the Edge introduces some of the most exciting dragons yet, each with its own amazing abilities — shock waves, cannon balls and fire blasts, just to name a few.
With the magical Dragon Eye, an artifact Hiccup finds aboard an abandoned ship, Hiccup learns there is more outside the confines of Berk, and that a little curiosity and determination can make every day an exciting journey. In Hiccup’s own words, “this changes everything.”
Ryan has watched two episodes of this new series. He actually prefers it to How to Train Your Dragon 2, a movie that is currently streaming on Netflix. This movie has excellent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and in fact it is one of the top 100 Kids and Family Movies according to Rotten Tomatoes. With this new series, based on the well received movie, I would say Netflix has done it again!
Suggestions for Kids
New Shows on Netflix for Families
▪ Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie (7/15)
▪ H2O: Mermaid Adventures: Season 2 (7/15)
▪ Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: Season 2 (7/28)
▪ Turbo FAST (new episodes 7/31)
- Streaming – Movies and TV shows are instantly streamed (not downloaded) via a Netflix-ready device. On the go or snuggled together in the family room, families can watch what they want, anytime, anywhere with Netflix.
- Where to watch Netflix-You can get instant access to Netflix on hundreds of devices, including TVs, tablets, mobile devices, game consoles and computers.
- Where to find TV Shows and Movies for Kids-With Netflix, you have the power to choose what your kids are watching. There’s even a dedicated section for kids where the only titles you’ll have access to are pre-screened and appropriate for kids aged 2-12. Netflix works with Common Sense Media to provide ratings, reviews and information so parents can easily make choices for their children.
- Individual Profiles for personalize suggestions –Netflix unveiled a new feature that makes it easier for everyone in a household to enjoy Netflix. Members can create individual profiles within a single Netflix account, allowing everyone to have their own personalized suggestions based on what they watch and rate.
I am a member of the Net Flix Stream Team and share family-friendly programming, activities, reviews and giveaways on behalf of Netflix. I received a welcome kit which includes a year’s subscription to Netflix. Opinions expressed are my own.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.