I’ve been watching my carb intake for a while now, so I’m often online browsing for low carb recipes. I stumbled upon an excellent blog called I Breathe I’m Hungry owned by Melissa. She has lots of great low carb and gluten free recipes.
I’ve made her Chocolate Mousse which is made with avocados – delicious. I’ve made her Cream Cheese Pancakes, which are also very good. Over the weekend, I tried her Chori Pollo Mexican recipe. It is fabulous! It’s a combination of chicken seasoned with Mexican spices and hot Mexican Chorizo sausage covered with caramelized onions and topped with lots of gooey melted cheese. It was delicious. I thought I would share this recipe here, since I snapped a few photos and will definitely be making this one again. It’s easy to whip together if you use rotisserie chicken. If you are looking for delicious low carb recipes, be sure visit her blog!
Mexican Chori Pollo
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups shredded (cooked) chicken or turkey meat
- 8 oz raw Mexican Chorizo
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan and add your sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook
- over low medium heat for 7 – 10 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Remove the Chorizo from the plastic packaging and add to the pan you just cooked the onions in. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add your cooked shredded chicken or turkey to the pan along with the coriander, cumin, garlic powder, and chipotle powder. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
6 Servings – 3/4 Cup each. Approx nutrition info per serving: 405 calories, 30g fat, 3g net carbs, 37g protein
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.