It’s a brand new calendar year – 2015! I thought I would spend some time setting up my 2015 calendar, my Google Calendar that is!
I admit, I am usually not one to explore these online apps and tools much beyond what I need them to do. For example, take the Google Calender. I hit “create” and add my event. Then, I just look at my calendar, go where I need to go, and that’s about it. Well, in an effort to make the most of these free online tools like Google Calendar, I did a little research and learned a few small features that are new-to-me that I wanted to share-with-you. Here are six tips for using your Google Calendar in 2015!
Six Tips for Using Google Calendar in 2015!
1. Use Quick Add – For adding an event quickly, highlight the date on the mini calendar on the left and then use that pull down menu near the create button. This “quick add” option allows you to type your info. all on one line to quickly add it to your calendar. I never used this feature before. I always hit the create button and had that new screen pop-up. I like this quick add option! Also, click on the date on the large calender and you can add your event (rather quickly) this way as well.
2. Customize Your View – If you need to look at one week at a time, two weeks or just a few days, simply highlight those days on the mini calendar and only those days will appear on the screen.
3. Set-up Notifications – Another great feature that may come in handy for you is the ability to set-up reminders and notifications. Did you know you could easily set things up to receive a daily notification by email or pop-up? Simply click on the agenda tab. Next, select “More Details” next to the date you are interested in setting up a notification for. Here, you can set up notifications via email or pop-up message, daily, hourly – whatever amount of time before your event that you prefer!
4. Add the Weather Forecast – Adding the weather to your calendar based on your location is easy. Click on the settings tab by clicking on that round gear looking icon at the top of calendar on the right side that has the pull down menu. Select settings. Add your location and then under that, select show weather based on my location.
5. Add other Cool Calendars – Select Other Calendars and then click on Browse Interesting calendars. You can add a calendar of other holidays from other countries or religions, for example – Christian Holidays could be added to your calendar. Add your favorite football team’s schedule to your calenders! I’ve added the Patriots schedule to my calendar! Go Patriots!
6. Share Your Calendar – We have a few calendars between us. For example, Grant has his road race calendars, James has his marching band calendar. These can easily be shared between us by selecting the calendar that I would like to share from My Calendars and selecting “Share this Calendar.” To share with a family member, just type in that person’s name and if they have a gmail address, the name and email is auto generated and this will send an email notification letting the person know that you have a calendar that you would like to share with them. If they accept your calendar, your shared calendar will appear as an “Other Calendar.”
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.