I haven’t even thought about the upcoming holidays, until, that is, I received this 2014 Toy List from Family Fun. I love checking out these types of lists and this list in particular gives me some great ideas for Christmas gift shopping. Hope this list gives you some ideas too! 😉
Flying cars, a DJ studio, and a fashion show that comes to life – these are just some of the toys that have been named winners in FamilyFun Magazine’s Toy of the Year Awards!
After being tested by real families across the country, this year’s top 10 toy winners were chosen for their exceptional fun factor, innovation, and durability — and they cost under $100 each. 25 winners were chosen in total, including both on and offline games, all of which inspire creativity, collaboration, and more. The full list of T.O.Y. Award winners can be viewed in FamilyFun’s November issue and at pinterest.com/familyfunmag.
Top 10 FamilyFun T.O.Y. Award Winners for 2014:
- Crayola Virtual Design Pro – Hand-drawn artwork goes high-tech in two fully loaded activity sets. The two collections, Fashion and Car, allow kids to stretch their creativity skills and bring their designs to life in a virtual world. Kids use the free app to scan their creations into a tablet or smartphone, then customize each model or car’s look before sending them down the runway or racetrack. Crayola; $29.99 each set; Ages 6 and up; iOS and Android
- Hot Wheels RC Street Hawk – Two words say it all: flying car. This remote-controlled dragster kisses land good-bye and soars up to 200 feet in the air. Light yet resilient, it goes from doughnuts on the driveway to aerial loops and back again. Mattel; $59.99; Ages 8 and up
- DigiBirds – These three interactive birds with cheerful songs are a pick worth tweeting about. Controlled by a whistle ring that doubles as a perch, the chirpers come programmed with 20 melodies and can be set to sing solo or as a choir. Spin Master; $29.99; Ages 5 and up
- Gyrobot – Put a spin on the science of gyroscopes by constructing this kit’s seven cool motorized models. Tester favorite: a robot who rolls across a tightrope. Thames & Kosmos; $49.95; Ages 8 and up
- Paper Style: Hairdos – This quirky craft book introduces 15 characters, including a mermaid, clown, vampire, and pirate, all in need of a haircut. Each comes with a paper sheet of hair that kids can cut, curl, braid, and crimp into mod makeovers. Chronicle Books; $16.99; Ages 8 and up
- Max Tow Truck – When monster-wheeled bad boy Max exclaims, “Load me up!” he’s not kidding. Equipped with a powerful electric motor and sturdy plastic chain, Max hauls up to 200 pounds. Jakks Pacific; $59.99; Ages 6 and up
- Lego Juniors – You might call this line of new Legos the missing link — or brick — between little-kid Duplos and more advanced sets. Each themed pack, such as Construction, contains regular-size bricks alongside larger preassembled pieces, meaning easier and faster builds. Lego; $9.99 to $49.99; Ages 4 to 8
- Splish Splash Sink & Stove – After cooking a tasty pretend meal on the stove top, kids wash the included dishes and utensils in the sink with a working pump faucet. Little Tikes; $19.99; Ages 3 to 8
- Creature Clash! Card Game – This wildly clever card game allows players to take turns creating fantastical animals by picking three cards: a front, middle, and back. Next, they choose a player to attack, who then makes her own critter. The winner is determined by adding up the numerical strengths of the various creature parts. Chronicle Books; $14.99; Ages 6 and up; 2 to 6 players
- Record & Learn KidiStudio – Aspiring DJs can compose and record their own songs in free-play mode, or choose from 20 melodies and a variety of sound effects – including cheers. A record for scratching, a whammy bar, and a pop-up mic with voice-changer are all included for more music fun. VTech; $39.99; Ages 3 to 10
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.