This September was a busy month for us. Not only did the kids go back to school, but I went back to work at Ryan’s school part-time as an aide. It’s been 10 years since I’ve worked outside of the house, I guess that would qualify as a mini milestone! This is James first year in the Marching Band and Grant’s first year as Ryan’s soccer coach. Later next year, Ryan will be going to Nature’s Classroom for a whole week! That will be a milestone for him. Other than his grandmother’s house, he has never been on a sleepover. Oh, he’s had a friend sleep over here, also know as the sleep over that never was – which was a disaster! But, yes, he has never been over a friend’s house for a sleep over.
Here’s one great way to celebrate our mini milestones as well as the fall (apple) season – caramel apples! Ryan and I like to whip up easy treats in the kitchen together and this recipe for Caramel Apples that I found on All Recipes is very easy!
- 6 apples
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 craft sticks
- Remove the stem from each apple and press a craft stick into the top. Butter a baking sheet or use parchment paper to line your sheet.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly.
- Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set.
Netflix Titles to Celebrate Mini Milestones
Check out this list of titles to stream on Netflix, which correspond with some favorite mini milestones. There’s even a few for mom and dad, too.
New Sibling: The Hive: S01E01, Babee’s Room
Losing Your First Tooth: Super WHY: S01E10, The Story of the Tooth Fairy
Getting Glasses: Arthur: S15E09, Through the Looking Glasses
First Sleepover: Bratz Kidz: Sleep-over Adventure
Here are a few suggestions for Mom and Dad.
New Job: The Office
Getting Married: My Fair Wedding
Having a Baby: What to Expect When You’re Expecting
Life as a Parent: Parenthood
Running for Office: Parks & Recreation
Buying a Home: House Hunters
Shows/Movies That We’ve Seen and Recommend
We have seen The Croods and Mighty Ducks, which are two great movies that celebrate mini milestones. The Croods is a fun animated story about a family that has an overprotective Dad (played by Nicholas Cage) to his teenage daughter. Will he finally come around and let his daughter grow into the fine young woman that she is well on her way to becoming? Follow their dangerous and adventurous first move and enjoy some good laughs along the way to find out.
Grant has seen the Mighty Ducks with the boys. Emilio Estevez plays a self-centered lawyer who is sentenced to community service coaching a badly performing youth hockey team. Do the Mighty Ducks reach their mini milestone by winning their first big game? You will have to watch this cute movie to find out!
My two favorites on the list of recommended shows for adults would have to be the Office and Parks and Recreation. I love a good sitcom and these have great characters and story lines. I’ve been meaning to watch Parenthood. I’ve heard great things about that show. It’s nice to know that it is streaming on Netflix so I can watch it whenever I want!
- Streaming – Movies and TV shows are instantly streamed (not downloaded) via a Netflix-ready device. On the go or snuggled together in the family room, families can watch what they want, anytime, anywhere with Netflix.
- Where to watch Netflix-You can get instant access to Netflix on hundreds of devices, including TVs, tablets, mobile devices, game consoles and computers.
- Where to find TV Shows and Movies for Kids-With Netflix, you have the power to choose what your kids are watching. There’s even a dedicated section for kids where the only titles you’ll have access to are pre-screened and appropriate for kids aged 2-12. Netflix works with Common Sense Media to provide ratings, reviews and information so parents can easily make choices for their children.
- Individual Profiles for personalize suggestions –Just a few months ago, Netflix unveiled a new feature that makes it easier for everyone in a household to enjoy Netflix. Members can create individual profiles within a single Netflix account, allowing everyone to have their own personalized suggestions based on what they watch and rate.
I am a member of the Net Flix Stream Team and share family-friendly programming, activities, recipes, reviews and giveaways on behalf of Netflix.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.