Today’s guest post is from Jane Doiron who blogs at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms. Jane and I have been friends for years. Our husbands work together at the same company. It is so nice to have a great friend who is a blogger too. Jane has said it herself, when it comes to blogging there’s tons to talk about and we are never at a loss for words.
In addition to blogging, Jane is a full time teacher and a wonderful cook! She wrote her own cookbook a few years ago called Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms and this is one of my favorite recipes from the book. Check out my review here and purchase her book on Amazon here!
These marinated sirloin beef tips are superb! For making ahead, just freeze the uncooked marinated beef in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. (Although these would never last that long in my freezer!)
Grilled Sirloin Beef Tips
- 2 lbs. sirloin beef tips
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (less sodium) soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the steak) in a gallon-size freezer bag. Add the steak, seal, and refrigerate. It is best if you marinate it for 4-6 hours, but if you can marinate it for 24 hours, that’s even better.
- Grill or broil 5-8 minutes on each side or to your liking.
- Freeze the uncooked marinated meat in a labeled freezer bag up to 3 months.
- If frozen, thaw the bag of meat in the refrigerator for 24 hours before cooking.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.