Is there nothing like the smell of homemade baked bread? Add a little butter and homemade jam and it’s like I’ve died and gone to heaven. While I usually don’t eat white bread, the rest of the family loves it, so I just had to try this recipe.
Whether you use a bread machine or not, making homemade bread usually takes a long time between kneading, rising and baking. This is not so with this easy bread recipe. The biggest draw for me was that this recipe (on familyzip.com*) promises homemade bread in just one hour! “Here’s a great recipe that lets you enjoy homemade goodness with minimal hassle.” The folks that commented raved at how easy this bread was to make. I just had to give it a try!
Easy Homemade Bread in 1 Hour
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 – 5 1/5 cups of flour
1. Set oven to warm.
2. Mix water, yeast and sugar together. Let stand 10 minutes and then add salt and oil.
3. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough forms a ball.
4. Knead on floured board for 5 minutes.
5. Split into 2 loaves and place in greased loaf pans (I used 9″ x 5″ rectangle bread pans.) and then place in the oven set to warm to rise for 30 minutes.
6. Remove pans after 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 and bake 25-30 min. Let cool and enjoy!
*While I found this recipe on Familyzip.com, it originally came from Good things Utah Cookbook, 2003.
If you try making this recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it!
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.