My picky eaters LOVED these brownies and YES the recipe calls for a can of black beans and NO you do not taste beans at all! I’ve made Black Bean Brownies with a can of black beans and a brownie mix before. It was easy, and they came out alright. But this. This will be my go-to recipe for evermore.
This recipe was discovered over at Gina’s Skinny Recipes – SkinnyTaste.com. She modified it from another recipe and I did not change a thing. No wonder there are 341 comments and counting over at her blog proclaiming how wonderfully chocolaty ooey and gooey and sweet these truly are. These are fantastic. If you are following Weight Watchers or just looking for delicious low fat recipes, I highly recommend that you visit Gina.
These are flourless and have just 1/2 tsp of oil. They are so moist and delicious you won’t miss the butter and flour one bit. Enjoy!
Best Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (14 oz) canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (or dairy, skim – which is what I used.)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided (Hershey’s)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a nonstick 9 x 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray.
- Blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, almond milk, balsamic, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in the blender until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into squares.
Serving size 16
Weight Watchers PointsPlus – 4
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.