I received these items from Orchard Valley Harvest and the same items are being offered for giveaway. Opinions expressed are my own.
Introducing, Orchard Valley Harvest mini stand-up bags! Grab a mini stand-up bag of Orchard Valley Harvest nuts, dried fruits or mixes, and enjoy the pure and simple goodness in every bag and every handful. Snack assured, because you will never have to worry about artificial ingredients or Genetically Modified Organisms, (GMOs) in Orchard Valley products. To celebrate the arrival of these new products, now available at Market Basket grocery stores, Orchard Valley is sponsoring a giveaway on Moms Own Words that includes a variety of Orchard Valley mini stand-up bags, a $250 gift card to Market Basket and some other goodies to jump start a healthy life style!
Tips on How to Jumpstart a Healthy Lifestyle
These are my top tips for jump starting a healthy lifestyle.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 8 ea. 8 oz. glasses of water per day). Drinking water can help to control calories, energize muscles, and maintain normal bowl function. Enjoy your water in your own special bottle like the Define Bottle included in this giveaway. This is a great way to add a fruit flavor to your water, without adding extra calories. Read more about the benefits of drinking water in this WedMd Article.
- Maintain a healthy balanced diet with plenty of anti-oxidant and vitamin rich foods like whole-grain cereals, nuts, fruits and vegetables. According to Cindy Moore, a registered dietitian and director of nutrition therapy at the Cleveland Clinic, omega-3 fatty acids promote blood flow and the production of anti-inflammatory substances which also boost immune function. (Source) The Orchard Valley Harvest anti-oxidant mixes (for example) make a great snack because not only do they provide anti-oxidants, and Omega 3s, they provide energy to keep you going. I interviewed Dr. Michael Smith earlier this year on the benefits of eating nuts and his response is worth sharing here again –
Nuts! They’re chock full of amazing nutrients, including healthy omega-3 fatty acids and protein to help keep you full. In fact, a recent medical study showed that people who ate the most nuts lived the longest and were actually slimmer. This was true for any kind of nut (but almonds are a particular favorite of mine). What’s surprising about this is that we’re traditionally been concerned about not eating too many nuts because they are high in fat. It’s good fat but good fat has the same number of calories as bad fat (i.e. saturated fat). And while we don’t quite understand it yet, it appears that nuts may not have the harmful effect on our weight that bad fats do.
- Focus on eating right 80% of the time and being bad 20%. If you know you can’t have something, you’re going to want it even more. More and more research has shown that focusing on eating the right foods rather than avoiding the wrong foods is the better approach. (Source)
- Find an exercise that you enjoy doing and stick with it. Make it your new habit. Even moderate exercise, like walking, will help to improve lung and immune function. The Fitbit Flex is the newest technology in keeping track of your activity, like walking or jogging, and your sleep patterns. Use this powerful tool (offered in this giveaway) to track your progress and your results – one step at a time!
- Get a good night’s sleep. A lack of sleep may negatively effect the immune system. A full 7-8 hours of sleep will help to keep the body’s natural defenses functioning at optimal levels of efficiency. This is where that Fitbit Flex comes in again! Use it to track the quantity and the quality of your sleeping hours.
About Orchard Valley Harvest
Some of the best recipes are the ones passed down from one generation to another. From the very start, there was something so right about them. So simple. So delicious.
At Orchard Valley Harvest, that’s how we feel about our nuts, dried fruits and mixes. Long before we were around, nature came up with the perfect recipe- one that didn’t include artificial ingredients or Genetically Modified Organisms. We stay true to that recipe.
Whether it’s for added protein or to satisfy a sweet tooth, minis are the perfect grab-and-go snack choice. Keep them in your car, desk drawer, and purse or gym bag to fight off hunger or a quick energy boost.
The one ounce mini stand-up bags help make delicious snacks more convenient for on-the-go with an active lifestyle and provide a healthier alternative to chips or candy. Visit Orchard Valley Harvest for more info. Connect with them on Pinterest!
Orchard Valley mini stand up Bags are available in the produce section of Market Basket Stores in the metro Boston area.
Orchard Valley Harvest Prize Pack w/ Market Basket $250 Gift Card Giveaway
One Moms Own Words reader will win this special prize pack that includes:
- Variety of Orchard Valley Harvest minis
- $250 Market Basket Gift Card
- Define Bottle Water bottle
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband
Giveaway ends on July 7, 11:59 PM EST. Open to US. Winners (18 or older) will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted. Thank you for entering and good luck!!
Please enter using the rafflecopter form below.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.