This recipe contains coconut oil which is now available in most grocery stores. According to some nutritionists, the saturated fat in coconut oil is healthy for us and may reduce belly fat. Beyond diet, there seems to be endless uses for this miracle food. Check out Wellness Mama’s post 101 Uses for Coconut Oil and tell me your not ready to pick up a jar after reading that post! I use both the refined and unrefined and enjoy them both. The biggest benefit for me is that when I add it to recipes and cook with it, foods are more satisfying and leave me feeling fuller longer.
While the bittersweet chocolate that I used does contain refined sugar, I replaced the additional refined white sugar in the recipe with will real maple syrup.These Molten Lava Cakes are very rich, chocolatey and satisfying. These are gluten-free!
Gluten Free Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
- 4 oz. of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (I used bittersweet)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil (plus a little more for greasing the ramekins) I used Jarrow Formulas Organic Coconut Oil.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (I used 2 Tbsp. of pure maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease four 6 oz. ramekins with coconut oil. If you wish to serve these on a plate, use coconut flour or cocoa powder to “flour” the ramekins also.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or a double boiler. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar (or syrup!) with a hand mixer until light and frothy, about five minutes. Be sure to mix until a frothy consistency is reached. (It’s worth it.)
- Pour egg mixture over chocolate. Sift cocoa and coconut flour over the top. the gently fold all of the ingredients together.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet and in the oven. Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!!
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.