— Betty Fulks, Onia, Arkansas
Mini Chicken Empanadas
Prep: 30 min.
Bake: 15 Min./Batch
Makes: About 2½ Dozen
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- ⅔ cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 15-inch circle. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter.
2. Place about 1 teaspoon filling on one half of each circle. Moisten pastry edges with water. Fold pastry over the filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
3. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor’s Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
About Catherine Cassidy, Taste of Home Editor-in-Chief.
Catherine M. Cassidy is Editor-in-Chief of Taste of Home. She is responsible for driving editorial direction and product strategy across the brand’s media platforms. They include Taste of Home, the number one food and entertaining magazine in the world; TasteofHome.com; social media; special interest publications; and cookbooks. She also is responsible for editorial direction for the magazines Simple & Delicious and Healthy Cooking and Enthusiast Brands Birds and Blooms, Country, Country Woman, Farm and Ranch Living, and Reminisce.
Cassidy has toured the country as the face of Taste of Home for national and local TV, radio, and newspaper interviews in support of the best-selling Taste of Home products, including its cookbooks.
Prior to joining Taste of Home, Cassidy served as Editor-in-Chief of Prevention magazine, the nation’s largest health publication, at Rodale, Inc. Cassidy joined Rodale in 1986 as an associate editor in the book division, and was later named Executive Editor of Rodale’s Custom Publishing division. She started her career at Runner’s World and Fit magazines in Mountain View, California. Cassidy lives in Mequon, Wisconsin, with her husband and two daughters.
About Taste of Home
Taste of Home is a go-to resource for the holidays and any time of the year for information on food, cooking and entertaining. Each year, thousands of great home cooks from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published in Taste of Home magazines and online, making Taste of Home one of the largest and most successful practitioners of user generated content. Before being published, every recipe is tested in the Taste of Home Test Kitchen to ensure that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients from regular grocery stores. Taste of Home content is available in print; online at Tasteofhome.com; in books; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps and Kindle; and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.