I noticed on Sunday that Target has New Balance adjustable trekking (walking) poles on sale this week for $17. Today, I happened to hear a very fit talk show host recommend using trekking poles when hiking, as a matter of fact, he couldn’t recommend them more highly.
Now the Target ad claims that you can “burn up to 45% more calories.” While burning 45% more calories just by adding walking poles is enticing on it’s own, here are a few more reasons why you should use walking poles:
1. Give your upper body a workout. Using the walking poles gives your arms a workout too.
2. Stay balanced on rough terrain. The poles can help with maintaining balance on hiking trails.
3. Clean up the woods. Some of the trekking poles have a point at the base. If out on a long country road, or in the woods, “go green”, carry a little trash bag and use a pole to stab up some litter.
4. Fight back! The poles could discourage an angry dog or wild animal from biting your leg. (Hey you never know!)
5. Make exercise fun! Fling some leaves at your kids! Thrash through the woods like you are on a safari! Adding the poles simply makes walking more fun, which is the best kind of exercise – doing something that you enjoy!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.