Authors, Eluka Moore, Larry Puzniak, Marianne Welsh and illustrator Kristen Gau, have released End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad, the first book in a series of recipe-adventure stories created to teach and entertain young children. Eluka is sharing her End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe taken from the book. Doesn’t it look so healthy, refreshing and delicious?
End of Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe
• 3 cups of fresh cut pineapple, cored, peeled
• 2 cups of fresh cut papaya, remove seeds, peeled
• 1½ cups of fresh strawberries
• 1¼ cups of fresh kiwi, peeled, sliced (3 small)
• 2 cups of seedless grapes, green and red combination
• 1½ cups of fresh cherries, pitted, halved
• 1 cup of fresh blueberries
• 1 cup of fresh raspberries
• 2 cups sliced fresh banana (3 medium)
• 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice
Directions: (Serves 8-10)
- Prepare pineapple and papaya by removing the core, seeds, and skin. Then, cut both into approximately 1 inch cubes and add to a large bowl. (Note: Size does not need to be exact).
- Next, prepare the strawberries by removing the stems, slicing them lengthwise and add them to the bowl. Do the same with the kiwis by removing the skin, slice them in half moons and add to the bowl.
- Next, add the grapes, halved cherries (no pitts), blueberries and raspberries to the bowl.
- Finally, add the fresh cut bananas and 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice to the fruit salad.
- Carefully toss all the fruit and serve immediately.
A Note From Kitchen Club Kids: Substitute any of the fresh fruits in this recipe with your favorites or what is in season. Happy Cooking!
About End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad Book
Ideal for early child development, End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad uses the art of cooking, colorful illustrations and critical thinking lessons to make learning both educational and fun for kids. From counting and colors to food exploration and fun problem solving, this Kitchen Club Kids’ book gives parents a reason to start cooking and helping to establish healthy eating habits. As an added bonus, each story features a rhymey-good-timey recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber.
End of the Rainbow Fruit Salad is available at www.kitchenclubkids.com for $9.99.
This recipe was shared over at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Melt in Your Mouth Monday blog hop.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.