About Giani Granite Paint Kits –
* Unique blend of polymers and minerals create a countertop that locks out moisture – while showing off the beautiful Sicilian granite of southern Italy!
* Great for upgrading Formica*laminate, Corian*ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite countertops and vanities
* Covers 35 square feet or 16 running feet of standard 24″ wide counters
* Quick, fun and easy ‘paint-by-number’ process for beginning painters
* Project time – 4 hours of painting and 16 hours of drying
* Water-based safe and low odor
* Hides any existing stains, scratches or burns
* Granite color is adjustable to your decor
* Durable automotive grade clear polyurethane topcoat
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
* Complete Kit –
-12 Oz. of IronCoreTM Primer-Base Coat
– 6 Oz. of Brown Feldspar Mineral
– 6 Oz. of Inca Gold Mineral
– 6 Oz. of White Limestone Mineral
– 16 Oz. of Automotive Polyurethane Topcoat
– 6″ GIANITM roller arm and two roller pads
– 4″ GIANITM granite paint sponge
– 2″ Foam Brush
– Black Practice Poster Board
– ‘Paint-by-Number’ DVD for beginners
– Illustrated Instructions
How to apply the Giani Paint Kits – A Short CBS News Video
The Review – I thought the Sicilian Sand colored paint kit from Giani would look nice on our bathroom countertop. Here is a before picture. The instructions for the kit are easy to follow. A how-to DVD is provided as well. The first step is to clean the counter top and to tape the wall and sink edges. Next, I applied the black primer to the entire surface. Yes, that is black paint on my wall and yes, I will be painting my walls next!
Once the primer coat was dry, which took about 8 hours, I started sponging on the minerals. Giani recommends working in three foot sections at a time. The colors are applied right after the other, so that they mix slightly to create that granite look. I was a little anixous when I first started, but you really can’t go wrong if you follow the directions. Each time I added a color, it created more depth, making my laminate countertop magically resemble granite! Here is how it looked after sponging. Here is a close-up after I added a few “cracks” with a small paintbrush and applied two coats of the polyurethane topcoat. I was impressed at the look that I was able to create with the paint kit. Grant was impressed with the depth, but didn’t think the “cracks” were necessary. I just think I would paint fewer “cracks” if I used another kit in the future. It was a lot of work just to do my small bathroom countertop, so yes, you do need to devote a couple of days (weekend) to complete a project. Now that I’ve used the kit in the bathroom, I know I would feel more confident using the kit on another project. When you consider that granite countertops cost a few thousand dollars, to achieve this type of look for just about $50 is terrific.
Buy It – The Giani Italian Granite Countertop Paint Kits are available online at Giani for $54.95.
This Giveaway is now closed. Thanks for stopping by. Check the right sidebar for current giveaways!
Win It- Ashley from Giani Granite is offering one Moms Own Words reader their own Giani Granite paint kit!
1. Visit Giani Granite and comment on which color paint kit that you would like to try.
Additional optional entries: Eligible after completing mandatory entry above: You can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done and be sure to include your email.
3. Subscribe to my blog here –
and confirm your subscription. Current subscribers are eligible too. (3 entries!)
4. –Follow my blog on GFC (see bottom of screen to sign up) Already a follower, just leave a comment saying that you are a follower. (1 entry)
5.–Follow me on Twitter . (1 entry) Current followers are eligible too. Tweet about this giveaway and leave a link to your tweet (Can tweet once daily for 1 entry per day).
6.–Like my Moms Own Words Facebook fan page. See right sidebar.(1 entry)
7. –Follow my blog on Networked Blogs, see bottom of screen. (1 entry)
8. — FOR 3 EXTRA ENTRIES Mention this giveaway on Facebook. Leave a link to your Facebook page. Post 3 separate comments that you’ve mentioned it.
9.–FOR 3 Extra ENTRIES – Grab my button (on the right sidebar) and add it to your blog roll. Post 3 separate comments that you’ve added it.
10. –FOR 5 EXTRA ENTRIES – Write a blog post about this giveaway,by posting this on your blog – “Stop by Moms Own Words – New England Mom Blog, Freelance Writer product reviews and giveaways. Enter to win the Giani Italian Granite countertop paint kit .” (Feel free to add more, just please post my link as written. )
Giveaway ends on Jan. 18th 11:59 PM EST. Open to US. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Many thanks to Ashley from Giani for the Sicilian Sand Giani Granite paint kit.
The product(s) featured in this giveaway were provided free of cost to me by the author, the manufacturer, or representing PR agency. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.