Expert Tips on How to Get Rid of Clutter
1. Identify the things that you struggle to let go of and then ask yourself how is your clutter serving you.
2. Take another moment to ask yourself how you would feel knowing that those items were gone.
3. If you can’t seem to get motivated, identify what is stopping you from getting started. Identify hesitations and fears and be aware of resistance.
4. Take small steps to get started. Even if it’s five minutes a day, take those small steps and realize you have done a lot.
5. Check out the Pomodoro Technique®. (The Pomodoro Technique® is a registered trademark by Francesco Cirillo.) This is a simple technique where you use a kitchen timer for 25 minutes to tackle the task at hand. After each “Pomodoro” you take a 5 minute break. It’s very simplistic, but very effective when it comes to tackling the clutter. Kerri Richardson swears by it.
6. Get yourself a Freecycle account in your area. You can get rid of some stuff for free. You will be helping out your community and the landfills by keeping stuff out of them. Also, check out Craigslist to post your free listings.
7. Research creative storage solutions. For example if you have a small space, consider a vertical wardrobe. The ladies were raving about the container store, where you will find ways to organize stuff that you’ve never even thought of.
For more information on Kerri Richardson and her services, stop by her website.
What type of clutter do you have and how do you plan on de-cluttering?!
This blog is not affiliated with, associated with, or endorsed by the Pomodoro Technique® or Francesco Cirillo.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.