Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings have announced the release of Billy Joel’s She’s Got A Way: Love Songs, a new collection of 18 essential love songs drawn from three decades of recordings by the music legend and composer/singer songwriter. This collection comes just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Billy Joel’s She’s Got a Way: Love Songs CD
I grew up listening to Billy Joel. It goes way back to the days of our family drives to New Jersey to see my grandmother. I remember hearing these love songs: Honesty, Just the Way You Are, and She’s Always a Woman – just to name only three of the great, classic songs that are on this collection. As I sit here and listen, I am hearing some good stuff for the first time, like Travelin’ Prayer (which sounds like folk music).
A song like Until the Night brings me back to the days of crushes and I would imagine the particular guy I happened to be in love with that week signing this song to me. The song And So It Goes is just so romantic and poetic, another one of my favorites. One of the best concerts I’ve ever seen was Billy Joel and Elton John together. We had great seats (like 4th row) just across from Senator Kerry.
I guess I am “old school” because I still love Billy Joel and I still love to pop in CDs and just let them play and this is one of those CDs that you can just let play – every song is great.
About Billy Joel’s She’s Got a Way: Love Songs
She’s Got A Way: Love Songs is a perfect distillation of the artist’s expressions of love and romance over the course of his life and career. The album brings together some of Billy’s finest and most heartfelt performances, iconic hits playing alongside under-appreciated deep catalog selections.
She’s Got A Way: Love Songs are the love songs, ballads and sentimental favorites comprising a dream Billy Joel playlist for old and new romantics alike, bringing new context to classics like “Just the Way You Are,” “Honesty” and “She’s Always a Woman” while rediscovering forgotten masterpieces like “Travelin’ Prayer” (the b-side of the “Piano Man” single), Billy’s version of “Shameless” (a #1 country smash for Garth Brooks), and the haunting instrumental “Nocturne” (from 1971′s Cold Spring Harbor).
She’s Got A Way: Love Songs – track listing
- Travelin’ Prayer (single from Piano Man – 1973 – #77 pop single)
- The Night Is Still Young (single from Greatest Hits – Volume I and II – 1985 – #34 Hot 100)
- This Is The Time (single from The Bridge – 1986 – #18 Hot 100, #1 AC)
- She’s Got A Way (Live) (single from Songs in the Attic – 1981 – #23 Hot 100, #4 AC)
- Temptation (track from The Bridge – 1986)
- Nocturne (track from Cold Spring Harbor – 1971)
- Until The Night (from 52nd Street – 1978)
- She’s Right On Time (from The Nylon Curtain – 1982)
- You’re My Home (b-side of single from Piano Man – 1973)
- Just The Way You Are (single from The Stranger – 1977 – #3 Hot 100 – Grammy Record of the Year and Song of the Year)
- She’s Always A Woman (single from The Stranger – 1977 – #17 Hot 100, #2 AC)
- State Of Grace (from Storm Front – 1989)
- Honesty (single from 52nd Street – 1978 – #24 Hot 100)
- This Night (b-side of single from An Innocent Man – 1984)
- Shameless (from Storm Front – 1989 – #1 country song for Garth Brooks)
- An Innocent Man (single from An Innocent Man – 1983 – #10 Hot 100, #1 AC)
- All About Soul (Remix) (single from River of Dreams – 1993 – #29 Hot 100)
- And So It Goes (single from Storm Front – 1989 – #37 Hot 100)
Billy Joel’s She’s Got a Way: Love Songs CD is available on Amazon.com for $9.00.
Giveaway: Billy Joel’s She’s Got a Way: Love Songs CD
One Moms Own Words reader will win a copy of She’s Got a Way Love Songs.
Giveaway ends on March 1st, 11:59 PM EST. Open to US. Winners will be chosen by Random.org through PromoSimple and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted. Thank you for entering and good luck!!
Please enter using the PromoSimple form below.
A copy of Billy Joel’s She’s Got a Way: Love Songs CD was provided for the purpose of this review and giveaway. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely my own. This post is not endorsed, sponsored or has any connection to Twitter, Facebook or any other network. This post is solely the property of Moms Own Words.