This is the recipe that I’ve chosen to enter into the Hodgson Mills “Have a Grain Holiday” Recipe Contest. To enter this recipe contest, entrants must create an original sweet or savory holiday baked good recipe using at least one of the specified Hodgson Mill’s flour products. For this recipe, I used the Hodgson Mill’s Best for Bread Flour and one 5/16 oz. package of Hodgson Mill’s Active Dry Yeast.
All recipes entered into the contest will be judged by Hodgson Mill’s® own test kitchen, with one grand prize winner receiving a brand new iPad! Runners up will be eligible to win Williams-Sonoma gift cards and more.
So vote for your favorite blogger, yours truly!
For all your holiday baking needs, Enter this Hodgson Mill’s baking mix and flour prize pack giveaway (ends 12/3)
Molasses Oat Bread #Recipe
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 package Hodgson Mill’s Active Dry Yeast (5/16 oz.)
- 9-10 cups Hodgson Mill’s Best for Bread Flour
1. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over the cereal. Add the molasses, sugar, oil and salt. Let stand until the mixture cools to 110-115 degrees F, stirring occasionally. Stir in the yeast. Add 8 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
3. Punch dough down and divide into thirds: shape into loaves. Place in three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
This recipe was shared on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Melt in Your Mouth Monday blog hop #90.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.