VTech’s new Switch & Go Dinos combines two of boys’ most popular toys – dinosaurs and vehicles – to create a unique 2-in-1 play experience. Switch & Go Dinos features an entire line of seven durable, unique and collectable dinosaur toys. Each toy transforms from a dinosaur to a vehicle and back again in a few simple steps. We received Span the Spinosaurus
VTech Switch and Go Dinos Review
Span the Spinosaurus
Span the Spinosaurus transforms from a dinosaur into a plane. The following are additional features:
- Action button to hear Span teach about himself as a dinosaur and fun facts as a plane with 30 expressions. For example he says, ““What’s up! I’m Span the Spinosaurus. Nice to eat you! Er, I mean, meet you! Heh, heh!”
- Action button for kids to customize Span with one of four animated dinosaur faces on the LCD screen.
- Action button on his tail that when pressed causes the dinosaur to lurch forward.
- Sensors on the plane detect movement and respond with flying sound effects.
- Landing gear to practice landings.
- Launchers shoot out disks of food.
- A crane and rescue cage for other Switch & Go Dinos, as well as a small dinosaur are included.
Ryan just turned 8 in July and he really enjoys playing with this toy. He tends to have a short attention span, and we were surprised to see how long this toy kept his attention. He found it easy to transform the dinosaur to a plane and vise versa. He likes all of the features, especially snapping the dinosaur’s mouth and listening to his comments and roars. He enjoyed taking off, landing and rolling the plane via the landing gear.
This is literally two toys in one. It appears to be a strong, well made toy. All of the buttons and features work well. It seems that it will stand up to a bit of abuse.
Brok the Brachiosaurus
Brok the Brachiosaurus transforms from a dinosaur into a car-carrying vehicle in 6 or so simple steps. The following are additional features:
- Motorized neck and legs that movie up and down while rolling across the floor.
- Action button to hear Brok make dinosaur sounds (40 phrases) like, “I’m large and in charge!” or an educational fact, including, “The name Brachiosaurus means arm-lizard.” He also makes vehicle sounds and says up to 30 expressions.
- Action button for kids to customize Brok with one of six animated dinosaur faces or driver faces on the LCD screen.
- As a vehilce Brock interacts with other Switch & Go dinosaur vehicles. He serves as a car carrier equipped with a launch pad to send vehicles flying.
- A smaller race car that launches a flying dinosaur when sent down his ramp is also included.
James is 11 and you would think he would have no interest in these toys that are for a 3-8 year old kids. He got right in on the fun and had a ball trying out Brock. He said it was easy to change from dinosaur to vehicle and that having two toys in one was a great feature. I showed him the other dinosaurs in the Switch and Go Dinos series and he said he might want to collect them. Honestly though, that was the last I heard about it. These toys are really for kids Ryan’s age and younger, but for the past couple of days, they have both enjoyed playing with these immensely.
Show & Tell with Switch & Go Contest
Switch & Go Dinos are all about TRANSFORMING kid’s imaginations, and V-Tech is excited to give kids the opportunity with the Show & Tell with Switch & Go Video Contest! They want our kids to use their imaginations to see what cars and dinosaurs they would combine! Your kid can win a kids’ lifetime supply of toys, your video on Nickelodeon and a viewing party with your friends and family!
From August 22 through October 1, visit https://www.facebook.com/vtechtoys/ to enter.
- Upload a 30 second video of your child’s home-made Dino creation. They can show us their new Dino by drawing, building or customizing their existing Switch & Go. What cool things does your child’s dino do?
- View and share your favorite video entries with your friends and family!
- From October 8 through October 19 check out the top 10 to cast your vote for the coolest, most creative and fiercest video! Everyone who votes may be entered into a sweepstakes for the chance to win one of 25 sets of Sliver, T-Don, Horns and Tonn.
- One grand prize winner will get a kid’s lifetime supply of VTech toys, plus a chance to see your video air in a VTech commercial on Nickelodeon, which you can watch at your very own viewing party with friends and family. VTech will also transform your living room into the ultimate Dino den!
- Everyone who votes on the top ten starting in mid-October and submits their email address will be entered into a sweepstakes to win one of 25 sets of Sliver, T-Don, Horns and Tonn.
To learn more about Show & Tell with Switch & Go and the *official contest rules click here: http://www.vtechkids.com/switch_go_dinos
Follow VTech Toys on Facebook and be sure to enter this contest!
These Switch and Go Dinos are available in retail stores and online at VTech Toys.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for VTech. I received VTech Switch & Go Dinos product samples to facilitate my review.
Kristi Maloney is a work from home mom to two boys ages 10 and 13. Since 2009, she has featured in-depth product, and book reviews and hosted high-quality, exciting giveaways on her blog Moms Own Words. When she is not blogging, you can find her working at her son’s school, or behind the wheel of her car in the roll of “taxi driver”. Email at maloney(dot)Kristi@gmail(dot)com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.