Now doesn’t this bread look delicious? It’s Nutella meets banana bread and it’s a match made in heaven!
The following is a guest recipe post from Kristen who blogs at Slender Kitchen. Kristen’s recipes are posted with Weight Watchers PointsPlus. This bread happens to have only 4 Pointsplus per serving. Stop by and check out her many delicious recipes!
I actually don’t have too many words to describe how yummy this banana bread is, except you may want to make sure you give some away or have lots of people around because it is much to easy to eat lots of it. It combines a simple, low fat banana bread recipe with rich Nutella to create a truly decadent bread for only 4 weight watchers points plus and under 150 calories.
Weight Watchers Nutella Banana Bread
Points: 4 weight watchers points plus
Servings: 13 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice
Nutritional Info: 138.1 calories, 3.8 g of fat, 24.8 g of carbohydrates, 2.5 g of fiber 1.7 g of protein
4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg whites. Add the banana, vanilla, and apple sauce and mix together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Warm the Nutella up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is softer and melted.
6. Pour the banana bread batter into a bread pan. Then slowly spoon the nutella on top and swirl into the bread using a knife until all of the Nutella has been worked in.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe Kristen!
This recipe was shared over at the Better Baker Weekend Potluck #35 and Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Melt in Your Mouth Monday Blog Hop #83.
Kristi Maloney is a work from home mom to two boys ages 10 and 13. Since 2009, she has featured in-depth product, and book reviews and hosted high-quality, exciting giveaways on her blog Moms Own Words. When she is not blogging, you can find her working at her son’s school, or behind the wheel of her car in the roll of “taxi driver”. Email at maloney(dot)Kristi@gmail(dot)com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.