Our entire household suffers from asthma and allergies. My allergies are environmental - caused by indoor dust and outdoor pollens and ragweed. My asthma is exercise induced. Grant’s asthma is triggered by his allergic reaction to cats and most dogs. Both of my boys have asthma and allergies. Jame’s asthma is more severe than Ryan’s. He was actually hospitalized twice as a toddler because of an asthma attack that left his oxygen levels too low. They both have seasonal, environmental and pet allergies. Their asthma kicks in when they get an upper respiratory cold and occasionally their seasonal and pet allergies will trigger their asthma.
As you can imagine, with all of our asthma and allergies, we do not have pets. But we do have wall-to-wall carpets in our main living area and in our bedrooms. The carpets naturally trap dust and allergens, so using an air purifier in the boys’ bedroom just makes sense. If it can help filter the air and leave them breathing easier, I am all for that.
Fellowes Quiet Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter AP-300PH Review
The unit was easy to put together right out of the box. I simply removed the front (which snaps in place) unwrapped the large white true hepa filter and fit it in place and placed the charcoal filter behind it.
The unit is lightweight and easy to move around. It will service a 230 sq. ft room and the boys’ bedroom is much smaller than that.
Don’t tell them this, but they actually think it is a portable air conditioner. It does blow cool air (but it is not an air conditioner.)
The unit is very quiet and does emit a nice bit of white noise. They are used to hearing white noise from their white noise machine.
This feature is great. The air purifier includes an air purity sensor that monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep the air cleaner. I tested this out by using nail polish remover in the room with the air purifier. Within seconds, it recognized the chemical, indicated poor air quality and the unit got louder as the fan speed increased. The fan actually has four speeds which can be set to auto or manually adjusted.
We placed the air purifier in their room and it has made a noticeable difference. I rarely hear James cough at night these days and Ryan doesn’t wake up all stuffed up. It has certainly made an improvement in the air quality of their bedroom. According to company, “the PlasmaTrue™ Technology removes airborne pollutants and gets air cleaner at the molecular level, instantly neutralizing viruses and germs in the air.” Click her for more information on the 4 stage purification system.
About the Fellowes Quiet Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
- PlasmaTrue™ Technology removes airborne pollutants and gets air cleaner at the molecular level, instantly neutralizing viruses and germs in the air.
- True HEPA Filter safely removes 99.97% of particles and impurities as small as 0.3 microns, including mold spores, pollen, dust mites, allergens, cigarette smoke, pet dander and odors.
- Air purifier includes an air purity sensor that monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air cleaner.
- Carbon filter removes odors and captures large airborne particulates.
- Purifies large sized rooms up to 300 square feet.
- Ultra quiet operation.
- Filter change indicators signal when the True HEPA and Carbon filters need replacing.
- True HEPA and Carbon filters included with air purifier.
- User-friendly display panel on air purifier effectively communicates machine performance.
5 year limited warranty
The AP-300PH Fellowes Air Purifier is currently on sale, available on Amazon.com for $119.99. That’s a saving of 67%! The True Hepa Filter will last for one year and costs about $30. The carbon filter is about $13. These are both available on Amazon as well.