Really, it could happen to you. Based on industry claims data, 164,383 people have their phone lost, stolen or damaged each day. The fact is, you don’t have to be careless to lose or damage your phone.
According to Asurion -
- 60,000,0000 people in North America will lose, damage or have their phone stolen this year. That is over 164,000 per day or 114 every minute or nearly 2 every second.
- 50 percent of loss, theft or damage claims occur within the first 6 months of activating a new phone. That number jumps to 80 percent within the first 12 months.
People don’t often understand that if your mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged, without insurance you’ll have to pay full retail price to replace that mobile device. In the case of an iPhone4S, that can cost more than $700.
Best and easiest way to have peace of mind and to protect your phone is to purchase insurance from your wireless carrier when buying your phone or within 30 days of activation.
Asurion’s Protection Tips
Asurion offers these easy summer tips to help minimize the damage to children’s phones this summer:
- A good case or silicone protector can help protect the back and sides against scratches and provide some impact protection.
- A transparent film screen protector can prevent the screen from scratching and can also help remove glare.
- A growing number of waterproof cases are on the market designed to protect phones when submerged in water for a limited amount of time.
- Purchase cell phone insurance to protect your investment and stay connected with children. Many wireless carriers now offer Asurion’s downloadable application that can remotely locate, lock or wipe a phone, along with the insurance coverage.
Our Mobile Mishaps
I used to have this habit of keeping my cell phone in my pocket. About four years ago, one particular day I noticed my cell phone was missing. I looked everywhere – around the house, in the car, and in my purse. It wasn’t until I pulled the wash out, that I noticed my phone lying there helpless on the bottom of the washer. The outside was pretty dry at that point, but since it had been totally submerged in soapy water, I couldn’t read the screen any longer due to the condensation.
My nephew suggested that if I let it air dry that it should work again. I took the battery out, and if I recall I used my hair dryer to get it to dry faster. (I learned from Asurion’s tips that using a hair dryer to dry out a wet cell phone is not recommended - that could damage the phone further. It is better to put the phone in some dry rice to dry it out.)
I really thought that was the end of it. However, after it dried completely, it sputtered to life again. That was a close call!
Not too long ago my husband lost his cell phone and looked everywhere for it. He tried using my phone to call it, but no luck. He thought maybe he left it at work or something. Guess where he finally found it? In a pocket! (At least it didn’t go through the wash!)
Do you have a mobile mishap?
Asurion is the global leader in technology protection services. From lost, stolen and damaged wireless handsets to malfunctioning computers or HDTVs, Asurion provides more than 90 million consumers worldwide with best-in-class, next day device replacement. Asurion also offers protection of user content and software.
As the worlds largest provider of technology protection products, we make replacing wireless devices fast, easy, inexpensive, and hassle-free:
•Over 90 million wireless customers around the world just like you are protected by Asurion
•Asurion partners with North America’s top 5 nationwide wireless carriers, many regional providers as well as other worldwide wireless companies to help customers get a replacement phone quickly
•Asurion has over 5,000 employees dedicated to providing great service
This giveaway is now closed. Check the right sidebar for a list of my current giveaways. Subscribe via email and never miss a giveaway! Thank you for visiting Moms Own Words!
Amazon $40 Gift Card Giveaway
Asurion is offering one Mom’s Own Words reader a $40 Amazon gift card!
Giveaway ends on Aug 15, 11:59 PM EST. Open to US and Canada. Winners (18 or older) will be chosen by Random.org through Rafflecopter and contacted by email. Please respond in 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. To be fair to everyone, comments not meeting requirements will be deleted. Thank you for entering and good luck!!
Please enter using the rafflecopter form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway