Do you ever get into a recipe rut where you make the same things over and over again? I am in one of those ruts….I wanted to try a new, easy, low calorie, low points all-in-one main dish recipe that I could enjoy while sticking to the Weight Watchers plan. Since I found this one I needed to share!
The honey adds a wonderful sweet flavor to this chicken. I added a little crushed red pepper to mine and the hot and sweet combination was delicious!
This Honey Chicken with Cashews recipe comes from the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook. If you are following Weight Watchers this is the ultimate kitchen companion. I love this cookbook!
Honey Chicken with Cashews
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked whole wheat thin spaghetti
1. Wisk together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and honey in small bowl until smooth.
2. Sprinke chicken with salt. Spray wok or large deep nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat until a drop drop of water sizzles in wok. Add chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds, transfer to plate.
3. Add bell peppers to wok and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Return chicken to wok along with cashews, stir-fry until heated through, about 1 minute. Re-whisk broth mixture, add to wok and stir-fry until sauce bubbles and thickens, about 1 minute longer. Serve over spaghetti.
8 PointsPlus per serving (1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup pasta) 310 calories, 7 grams Fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 grams transfat, 63 mg chol., 504 mg sodium, 33 grams carbs, 10 grams sugar, 5 grams fiber, 30 grams protein.
This recipe was shared on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Blog Melt in Your Mouth Monday Blog Hop #73.