I just love this recipe. It’s creamy and despite having no crust it’s still filling and satisfying. Who doesn’t love easy, one pot meals? It’s another great recipe from Gina over atSkinnyTaste.com. This recipe can be made gluten-free too!
Since I am following Weight Watchers, I like using my points wisely and stretching them out A LOT. (I’ve lost nearly 20 lbs. ) But I love comfort food like chicken pot pie like everyone else. So I just had to try this lightened up soup.
Coincidentally, I am currently giving away some Blake’s Chicken pot pies (giveaway ends on 6/21). Grant loves these, but I am resisting the temptation. Just to compare, one serving of Blake’s is 10 PointsPlus for one cup and one serving of this chicken pot pie soup is 6 PointsPlus for 1 bowl. For those counting calories, the nutritional info. is includes below the recipe.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
1/4 cup flour (to make gluten-free use 2 tbsp cornstarch instead)
2 cups water
4 cups fat free milk
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1/2 medium chopped onion
8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
2 chicken bouillons
fresh ground pepper
pinch of thyme
10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small (I poached my fresh chicken breast on low heat for about 10 min.)
- Combine 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bullion, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to a boil.
- Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, and slowly whisk in flour and water combo., stirring well as you add.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 bowl (1-1/2 cups) • Old Points: 5 pt • PointsPlus: 6 pts
Calories: 253.8 • Fat: 1.8 g • Protein: 27.7 g • Carb: 31.9 g • Fiber: 3.4 g
For more great Weight Watchers recipes, visit SkinnyTaste.com.
Let me know if you decide to try this!
This recipe was linked up over at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Blog Hop #70. Visit Jane and link up your recipes!
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.