As a busy mom, I tend to just go through the motions as far as my hair care is concerned. But I’ve discovered there are some easy to incorporate tips from expert stylist John Frieda that I could be following to improve the condition of my hair.
Hair Care Tips from John Frieda
1. Styling tools – When it comes to styling tools like blow dryers and ceramic irons, the lower the heat the better. Hold a hair dryer a good distance away from hair so that no strands come in contact with high heat. (Consider adding a diffuser to your blow dryer.) Lower the heat on flat irons and curling irons too – low enough to create the effect you would like without damaging your hair.
2. Brushes and Combs – The key is to use “manual implements” that will be gentle to your hair. Select wide tooth combs and or paddle brushes where the bristles are wide enough to be gentle on hair. Remember, too much brushing can cause damage! Brush just enough to remove tangles and complete your style.
3. Hair cuts – Whether it’s a cut or just a trim, schedule these appointments every 4-6 weeks, depending of course on the length and condition of your hair. Regular trims help to eliminate and prevent split ends and will improve the overall look of your hair.
4. Sun Protection – Your hair needs protection from the sun – not to mention your head! Cover up hair with a hat, which will provide the best UV protection. Wearing hair up in a ponytail or a bun will help to minimize sun exposure. Also, he suggests leaving in conditioner while at the beach or poolside to condition strands.
I have one more tip for you. This one is from Stefanie Henriquez, a stylist at the Frederic Fekkai salon at the Mark in New York City.
5. Applying hair products – When applying hair products like John Frieda’s Frizz Ease serum, gather your hair at the nape of your neck and begin the application at the ends, working toward the crown. Use what’s left on your hands at the hairline. No more weighed down roots! I am guilty of using the product at the front of my head and working backward and yeah, it always left my roots weighed down.
Put #5 to test – Enter to win five John Frieda Frizz- Ease Hair Care Products. This giveaway ends 6/25.
Find more great tips over at Johnfrieda.com.
What are your favorite hair care tips?
Kristi Maloney is a work from home mom to two boys ages 10 and 13. Since 2009, she has featured in-depth product, and book reviews and hosted high-quality, exciting giveaways on her blog Moms Own Words. When she is not blogging, you can find her working at her son’s school, or behind the wheel of her car in the roll of “taxi driver”. Email at maloney(dot)Kristi@gmail(dot)com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.