With the introduction of the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Program, I wanted to know are fruit smoothies free on Weight Watchers Freestyle? Now that non-fat Greek yogurt and of course fruit are 0 Points on the Freestyle plan, the burning question is……
If water/ice, non-fat unsweetened yogurt, skim milk and fruit are blended into a smoothie, would it have a WW Points values?
Drum roll please!!!!!!!!
Yeeeeeeeeessss! And boy more than ever! Bummer! But yeah, according to Weight Watchers, this is a smoothie and falls under the smoothie rule, so all ingredients would be counted. This smoothie would now be 11 SmartPoints!
What??? Not fair, right? But true! I added this recipe in the Weight Watchers recipe builder and it is 11 SmartPoints. If you are going to drink it, everything must be counted!
Weight Watcher Freestyle uses SmartPoints
The new Weight Watchers Freestyle program still uses SmartPoints with the same calculation, so the majority of foods (with the exception of the new zero point items) will keep the same SmartPoints. SmartPoints are calculated based on calories, saturated fat, sugar and protein. Saturated fat and sugar will increase a food’s SP value while protein will lower the SP value.
The conclusion here is that this fruit smoothie is a healthy, low-fat, homemade treat full of potassium, calcium and vitamin C just to name few, but you are better off eating the whole fruit, since that is a Free Food on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
Be sure to check out my other post about blueberries and their link to weight loss.
Weight Watchers Recipes
I have other delicious Weight Watchers Recipes on my blog and I will be working on converting the PointsPlus to SmartPoints.
Weight Watchers Cookbook Reviews
Over the years I’ve reviewed some excellent Weight Watchers cookbooks:
- Weight Watchers What to Cook Now
- Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
- Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
- Weight Watchers Ultimate Chicken Cookbook
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipe Weight Watchers 11 SmartPoints
1 cup frozen strawberries (no sugar added) (2 SmartPoints)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar added) (2 SmartPoints)
1 medium banana (5 SmartPoints)
1/2 cup skim milk (1 SmartPoint)
2 oz. Chobani non-fat Greek yogurt (1 SmartPoint)
Add all of these items to your blender and blend. If it’s too thick, add a little water. Also, I added one Splenda w/fiber for a little more sweetness.
I know some people like to add protein powder to their smoothies to make it a more filling treat, so feel free. Here is one of my favorite vanilla cupcake flavored protein powders, it is low calorie, low price and tastes terrific!
To get started with the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program, check out this fantastic Weight Watchers Member Make it Happen Kit on Amazon! It includes these items:
- Calculator calculates SmartPoints values
- Journal covers a 12-week span and contains daily pages to track meals and fitness as well as blank pages and question prompts to keep you motivated throughout your journey. Make it your own by personalizing the cover with one of the six inspirational stickers and add your initials to the back cover.
- 28 oz water bottle is leakproof, BPA free, and features motivational hash marks to encourage more water consumption.
- Cookbook contains 150 recipes based on 0 SmartPoints value foods, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Tote bag is made from laminated polypropylene and measures 14” x 14″ x 6”
How about you? Have you tried the new Weight Watchers FreeStlye? Be the first to comment.
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.