The Fiber One Brownies and Wellness Gift pack is a great gift idea for all of us who would like to Beat the Bulge and stay on track through the holidays. That is precisely why it made the 2011 Holiday Gift Guide. One Moms Own Words reader will win this generous Fiber One Gift pack that includes: 2 boxes of Fiber One Brownies, a Fiber One water bottle, a stability ball, a pedometer, and a yoga mat!
Fiber One & Shape Magazine – Beating the Bulge: Staying on Track Through the Holidays
I had the opportunity to listen in on the Fiber One/ Shape Magazine video chat called – “Beating the Bulge: Staying on Track Through the Holidays.” The video chat was conducted, in conjunction with Fiber One, by senior associate health editor from Shape magazine, Bahar Takhtehchian.
Bahar spoke about staying fit and on track through the holidays. She shared some of her favorite tips for enjoying the holiday season -and holiday treats-without going overboard. These are just some of Bahar’s great tips to beating the bulge and staying on track through the holidays:
- Don’t skip breakfast or you will make up for it later in the day. Choose foods like whole wheat toast and peanut butter, and other foods that pack a protein filling punch like hard boiled eggs or Greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Eat a small, light lunch to avoid sluggishness later in the day. Get those veggies in and make choices like a salad with lean protein, a whole grain bread sandwich with lean protein, or low fat cheese and raw veggies and/or fresh fruits.
- Eat snacks to rev. the metabolism. Choose an item like a Fiber One Brownie, which contains 5 grams of filling fiber and only 90 calories. Other snack items she suggested include: almonds, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Enjoy your favorite holiday treats in moderation. Don’t deny yourself, instead, have a dessert just one night per week. Have just one cocktail.
- Keep a small set of weights near-by to remind you to fit a little strength training into your day.
- Regarding exercise, remember that we are all at our own pace. Find a way to move that you like doing and you will be more likely to stick with it.
Fiber One brownies are sold in retail and grocery stores. For more information visit Fiber One.
This giveaway is now closed. Please check the right sidebar for a list of my current giveaways. If you subscribe via email you will never miss a giveaway! Thank you for visiting Moms Own Words!!
Fiber One Brownies and Wellness Gift Pack Giveaway One Moms Own Words reader will win this generous Fiber One Gift pack that includes: 2 boxes of Fiber One Brownies, a Fiber One water bottle, a stability ball, a pedometer, and a yoga mat! Please enter on the Rafflecopter form below.
Many thanks to Lia and Fiber One (General Mills) for the Fiber One Brownies and Wellness Gift Packs featured in this giveaway.
Fiber One Brownies and wellness gift packs have been provided free of cost to me by General Mills. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.