This recipe was adapted from Squirrel Bakes – Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple, finely chopped (I used Mac.)
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (I used Fage Greek)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- cinnamon and sugar
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees or if you have one – Preheat your trusty “Cake Pop Bakery Maker.”
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Chop apple into small pieces or use food processor to puree and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine egg, brown sugar, apple, maple syrup, apple cider, yogurt and oil.
- Mix well until blended.
- In small amounts add in flour mixture and beat until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin cups, filling no more than ¾ full. Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- If baking in the Cake Pop Bakery maker, use cooking spray to coat and bake for 5 – 7 minutes. Doughnuts will be golden brown and firm to the touch.
- While doughnuts are baking, prepare a shallow bowl with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Once doughnuts have finished baking, immediately place doughnut holes in the cinnamon and sugar bowl and roll to coat completely. Makes about 18-20. Serve warm.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.