The Paleo plan (aka Cavman Diet) is a diet that in a nutshell eliminates dairy and grains and consists of whole foods like vegetables, nuts, organic meats and eggs. To check out some other recipes that I’ve tried refer my Paleo Diet Cookbook Review.
What I like about this plan is that it is no doubt a healthy way of eating and if followed faithfully, no calorie counting is required and the weight will start to come off. My problem is that I find this diet hard to stick to on the weekends.
Paleo or not, pumpkins are in season and this is a flourless, gluten-free pumpkin muffin recipe. These are filling and yummy! (Imagine that, a FILLING muffin?!) This recipe actually calls for almond flour, I used Bob’s Red Mill, which was easy to find in my grocery store. You can also make your own by grinding up some almonds. This recipe can be found on the Paleo Plan Website. I read some of the 50 comments – This one is a keeper!
Recipe: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (or cook and puree pumpkin yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey (or use your own preferred sweetener – one commenter suggested applesauce.)
- 2 tsp almond butter (also available at grocery stores.)
- 1 Tbs sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat 6 muffin tins with coconut oil. I used cooking spray – not sure if that is Paleo compliant, but I going for easy.
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Sprinkle almonds on top immediately after taking them out of the oven. (optional, I did not use.)
Number of servings (yield): 6
This recipe can be found on the Paleo Plan Website.
Kristi Maloney is a work from home mom to two boys ages 9 and 12. Since 2009, she has featured in-depth product, and book reviews and hosted high-quality, exciting giveaways on her blog Moms Own Words. When she is not blogging about life in New England, tips on everything and anything, recipes and the antics of her boys, you can find her providing taxi, laundry, meal preparation and decluttering services for her family. Email at maloney(dot)Kristi@gmail(dot)com.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.