I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. Since it’s the official end-of-the summer, I thought I would share a recipe for slow cooker pot roast to prepare you for the colder months ahead. Talk about delicious comfort food. The best part? It’s such an easy recipe!
Recipe: Slow Cooker Pot Roast w/ Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
- 3 – 4 lb. Chuck Eye Pot Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup dry red wine
- 1 can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 envelope Knorr (or Lipton) French Onion Soup
- Separate roast along fat lines and cut out as much fat as you can. You will end up with 3 or 4 odd-sized pieces of meat.
- Pepper both sides of meat.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil on medium-high heat in heavy frying pan and sear meat on both sides till nice and crusty brown.
- Put meat in slow cooker.
- De-glaze pan with 1/2 cup wine. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add soups and about 1/2 cup water to thin out a bit. Cook for another minute or two.
- Pour over meat and cook on high for about six hours.
This is such an easy slow cooker recipe! It is based on the typical slow cooker pot roast recipe. The addition of red wine and the Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup really makes the pot roast fork-tender and delicious. Thanks Mom!
Feel free to add your own veggies like potatoes, onions, carrots etc..I prefer to roast the veggies in the oven verses the slow cooker as they tend to get mushy.
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
This recipe was shared over at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Melt in Your Mouth Monday linky!
This post and blog contain affiliate links and ads which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Any information on this website is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Please consult your doctor for medical advice. Full Disclosure Policy, Legal Clause, and Terms and Conditions – Click HERE.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.