- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved crosswise
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 medium green pepper sliced
- 1 medium (sweet) onion sliced
- 5 oz. white wine
- 5 oz. water
- 1 can Campbell’s Golden Mushroom Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In frying pan melt the butter and add the olive oil on medium high.
- Dip the chicken in the bread crumbs coating both sides.
- Brown the chicken 2-4 minutes each side and put in a 9 x 13 glass baking pan.
- In the same pan, saute the green pepper and onion until soft.
- Add 1 can of Campbell’s Golden Mushroom soup, 5 oz. of white wine and 5 oz. of water. You may simply use the soup can, filling with half water and half wine. Heat and stir for one minute.
- Pour over chicken and bake for 25 minutes. Serve over white rice and enjoy.
This recipe has been in the family for years and came from my grandmother and my mother shared it with my sister and I. We are not sure where it originated, perhaps on the back of the Campbell’s soup can? Maybe someone will set me straight on that.
In the meantime, this recipe is easy to throw together and could actually be made-ahead, earlier in the day and refrigerated until you are ready to bake it.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Number of servings (yield): 4-6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
This recipe was shared on Melt in Your Mouth Mondays at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms blog.